Employer Terms and Conditions
You are responsible for ensuring that the information you provide is up-to-date, accurate and not misleading in any respect. This includes ensuring that any job/s advertised or promoted are non-discriminatory and comply with relevant employment, equality and other applicable legislation. Legislation guidance for the UK can be found here:
UK employment legislation: www.gov.uk/browse/employing-people
Equality Act 2010: https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/equality-act
Data Protection Act 1998: http://ico.org.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/the_guide
(this is a non-exhaustive list of applicable legislation)
We will respond to and process all service bookings or job advertisement requests within 3 working days. If we need to contact you to discuss your request or seek further information, this may delay the process. As part of this process we may make minor amendments or edits to the information you have provided, to comply with our system requirements. However, we do not guarantee that MyCareerHub, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
We have a responsibility to our students which means that we are unable to advertise or promote:
- Unpaid internships or work experience which is more than four weeks in duration. For more information about best practice in Internships recruitment see: Common-Best-Practice-Code-on-High-Quality-Internships.pdf
- Adverts or promotions from Recruitment Agencies that do not include a named employer and specific job details in the job advertisement or promotional information
- Commission only jobs
- Jobs for current students that require a commitment of more than 15 hours per week during semester
- Opportunities that require: unduly high participation fees by the applicant, the taking of medication such as participation in drug trials, writing for academic course-related materials which may be used by other students, ‘pyramid’ network or similar style selling schemes
- Jobs, placements or other opportunities that we deem to be inappropriate or unsuitable for promotion to our students and graduates.
Advertisements and/or promotions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to MyCareerHub or any content on it, whether express or implied and will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage arising under or in connection with the use of, or inability to use, MyCareerHub or the use of or reliance on any content displayed on MyCareerHub.
We do not guarantee that access to MyCareerHub, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of MyCareerHub without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason MyCareerHub is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Employer Terms and Conditions through your use of MyCareerHub. When a breach of these Employer Terms and Conditions has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, which may include, without limitation, immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any advertisement and/or promotion from MyCareerHub.
How to write a great job advert – help for people new to recruitment